Lattice will have a component relating to local consistency and one relating to global consistency
- Local consistency: model types of stack and local variables
- Global consistency:
- maintain a typing context consisting of set of type assertions and type assumptions.
- Linearly threaded through the verification of classes (care is needed when loaders are operating concurrently.
- only permit additions to the assertion and assumption sets.
- detect inconsistencies between assumptions and assertions as classes are loaded without constraining the loading strategy.