Research Positions at Kestrel Institute
Kestrel Institute is seeking computer science researchers in the broad topics of formal methods, program verification, software synthesis, and computer security. We are also looking for interns with interest in these fields.
Specific areas of interest include:
- Tools and methods for producing software that is known/proved to be correct and secure
- Developing high-level, rigorous specifications/models and validating them using provers/solvers
- Formalizing design and implementation knowledge (e.g., as libraries of refinements and program transformations) and generating high-quality code that satisfies security and correctness properties
- Analyzing specifications, transformations, and code for security and correctness
- Developing high-assurance plans and schedules
Candidates for full time positions should have a strong background in computer science, preferably at the Master’s or Ph.D. level (or equivalent experience). Candidates for internships should have at least some background in computer science or mathematics, plus a willingness to learn.
Experience with one or more of the following is desirable: formal logic, theorem provers, formal specification systems, formal verification, functional programming languages, program transformation systems, or SAT/SMT solvers.
Candidates should have strong implementation skills and a willingness to adapt to new application domains. Domains that are currently of interest include planning and scheduling, network protocols, blockchain, code generation, Java analysis, synthetic diversity, computer and network security, security and communication protocols, embedded and cyber-physical systems, and malware detection.
Kestrel Institute is a non-profit research center. Our website, www.kestrel.edu, describes our research. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits. All of our researchers are offered opportunities to take on project leadership roles, if so inclined.
U.S. citizenship is a plus.
Resumes may be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org